The first known references to this site go back as far as 1153 and there has been a place of worship here since 1291. The original chapel lay in what is now the “Old” Churchyard. All that remains of it now, is thought to be the sun dial, near the south door and some relics in the Manx Museum.
The current, pebbledashed Church, dates from 1759, and is named after the Celtic Saint and Finnian monk who lived around 520-597. The Church Tower, built in 1915, houses two bells, replacing the original Dove Cot which housed the bell. The organ was rebuilt by Peter Jones in 1996. The stain glass windows date from 1881 to the modern day.
The Churchyard was extended in 1885 and again in 1923. Captain John Quilliam RN, who was active in the Battle of Waterloo, is buried in a tomb in the Churchyard and a stained glass window depicting his life and designed by Colleen Corlett hangs in the Church.
Regular Church Services.