As the churchyard of Old Kirk Braddan was full, the Braddan Burial Ground Act 1848 enabled the Churchwardens to purchase new burial ground off Braddan Road, a few hundred yards from the church. It was extended in 1898 and 1938, and is now the largest in the Isle of Man.
Next to the main gate is a Cemetery Office, an early Baillie Scott commission. A simple Chapel stands in the middle of the burial ground. It has a bellcote with a single bell (by T Hodges, Dublin, 1858) at the west end, and an east window also designed by Baillie Scott and representing the “Tree of Life”.
Henry Bloom Noble and Archibald Knox are buried in Braddan Cemetery.