Sometimes known locally as Arbory Street to distinguish it from Malew Street, when the former was the Wesleyan Methodist and the latter, the Primitive Methodist Chapel. Arbory Street became the main church in 1975 and Malew Street is now Offices. The Church was built in limestone, in 1832 and improved in 1890, when the chancel was added. The earlier 1800s chapel is now the Sunday School.
Castletown Methodist Church is part of the Castletown Circuit, one of three Circuits on the Island which in turn is part of the British Methodist Connexion. The church shares three ministers with the ten other churches of the circuit.
The largest public venue in Castletown this church is central to the community. The church is fully equipped with sound and projection facilities. Adjoining the main building is a coffee lounge and upstairs hall. The Church hosts the Toddler Group, Ladies Fellowship, Craft Workshop and a Coffee Drop In.