The Electric Railway stops at the entrance where the Groudle Hotel designed by Baillie Scott stands. The Glen was created by Richard Maltby Broadbent and both Hotel and Glen were opened in 1893. There are plans to knock down the Groudle Hotel.
The Glen itself has a small wheel house and a miniature Railway which follows the coast to the Sea Lion Rocks Tea Rooms. The Glen leads down to the sea and a sheltered beach.