King Williams College-KWC

Victoria Road, Castletown,, IM9 1TP

James Stanley, seventh Earl of Derby, and Isaac Barrow, Bishop of Sodor and Man wished to create a school to support the education of young men. King William’s College opened on 1 August 1833. In 1991 a new co-educational, day and boarding school was formed, when the College amalgamated with The Buchan School, founded in 1875 by Laura, Lady Buchan.

Today there are nearly 600 pupils.

This is a fee paying School. The Sixth Form study for the International Baccalaureate Diploma.

King’s Court Theatre is located at King William’s College.