Find places on the Isle of Man with Timeenough.

Molly Carrooin’s Cottage

Church Road, Onchan, IM2 2AP

The oldest building in Onchan possibly dating back to the 1740s. Sometimes referred to as the Loom House, and probably used as a weaving shed it was owned by the Crow family and later tenanted by Molly Carrooin and her sister, Anne, who were washer women.

Bought in 1934 by Joseph Skillicorn, it was presented to the Village Commissioners in 1969. The cottage is open to the public on a few specific days during the Summer months.