Our Lady Star of the Sea and St Maughold

Dale Street, Queens Promenade, Ramsey, IM8 1BH

Originally a disused warehouse, converted into a small Catholic chapel in 1893, and with additional funds, a new church began to be built, based on the design of Giles Gilbert Scott,  who also designed the exterior crucifix. The Church was completed in 1909.  The Church is unusual in being located so close to the shoreline. The Church’s reredos, a large gilded triptych, was created by Frances Bessie Burlison who also created the war memorial in Beaumont College in Windsor. The stained glass windows are from the 1930s. The Church was extensively renovated in 1980 and plans for an extension facing the gardens are currently in place.

Regular Church Services.