Rushen Silver Band
Originally from Surby, the Rushen Silver Band changed its name in 1949. Their original band uniforms were created in 1953 from old RAF uniforms dyed blue. These were worn for the first time to celebrate the Queen’s Coronation. They changed to the red uniforms in 1986. In 1989 the Ramsey and Rushen Bands played together with Douglas Town Band to celebrate the Town Bands Centenary at the Villa Marina.
Rushen Silver Band plays at around 50 events throughout the year.