Consecrated in 1839 and designed by John Welch, who designed, King William’s College. The Church served as both chapel and schoolroom. Architecturally, this is a surprisingly spiky church, with a bell tower on the Eastern side and coloured glass windows.
The Church has Regular Services including Celtic Communion and Taize Worship together with Meditation Sessions.
St James’ is very much a Community Centre with a Village Shop, The Dalby Hub and The Bunkhouse. The Dalby Hub hosts Music Sessions, Events and Exhibitions. The Church supports Fairtrade and two Manx Charities every year.