Methodism first came to the Isle of Man in 1758, when John Murlin was diverted by a storm in the Irish Sea. Murlin was known as ‘the weeping prophet’. He is not only commemorated by a memorial plaque in Wesley’s Chapel, London, but is also buried in Wesley’s tomb. Methodism did not really get established on the Island until the arrival of John Crook, in 1775.
This chapel was built in 1871,to replace an earlier one, from 1824. The windows are a mixture of clear and stained glass.
Regular Church Services and Sunday School.
The Church hosts Messy Church and the Prayer Shawl Knitting Group.