In 1826, the first post-reformation Catholic Church was built on the Island, by an Irish Jesuit named Father Matthew Gahan and dedicated to St Mary, after the title of the Rushen Abbey of St Mary. This small Church on the outskirts of the Archdiocese was closed down completely for eighteen years between 1895 and 1913, possibly due to the state of the roof which has been replaced several times.
A simple building, with a slate roof, lancet windows and a small bell tower. The Church was extensively refurbished in 1994. The extremely decorative organ came from the Nunnery in Douglas, was restored by Culture Vannin and installed in 2014.
Regular Church Services.