The first St Mary’s was converted into the grammar school when Bishop Wilson commissioned a new Chapel of Ease dedicated to St Mary in 1698. The current church was originally built as a school, in 1838. The building became a Parish Hall and was converted to a Church in 1985, when the Garrison Church was closed down and turned into offices.
The inside is rough limestone with a modern stained glass window and chairs.
A Holy Communion service with hymns, sermon and prayers. Welcoming to families however no Sunday school.