Port St Mary’s Chapel

Bay View Road, Port St. Mary, IM9 5AQ

Consecrated in 1884, and designed by Barry and Sons of Liverpool. The tower and clock were added in 1904.  The lancet windows, overlooking the harbour, are stained glass.  The marble checkerboard floor in front of the alter was a gift, in 1910, from the first couple to be married in the Church. The organ dating from 1892, was made by Mr Hewitt and decorated by Flaxney Stowell.

Regular Services, Choir Practice and Sunday School with special celebrations at Christmas. This Chapel is licensed for weddings.

St Mary hosts Rushen’s Mothers Union, the Ladies Working Party, Prayer Groups, Home Groups and Messy Church. The St Mary’s Ladies Working Party published “Favourite Recipes” in 1907 and are responsible for much of the fundraising.

Opening Hours

Sunday Common Worship: 11am

1st Sunday Holy Communion

2nd Sunday All Age Service (non-Eucharistic)

3rd Sunday Holy Communion

4th Sunday Morning Prayer

Followed by Coffee

In addition, on the 4th Sunday (from April to September) there is a BCP Holy Communion service beginning at 6.30pm.