Find places on the Isle of Man with Timeenough.

The Old House of Keys

Castle Street, Castletown, IM9 1LF

Originally, the self elected Members of the House of Keys, met in Castle Rushen, before moving to Bishop Wilson’s residence and then the George Inn until 1821, when the House of Keys opposite the Castle was built. The building has been restored, to its appearance in 1866, when the Island voted for the first time, to elect representatives.

In 1874, the House of Keys moved to Douglas, where it remains. Tours of the new House of Keys happen on a weekly basis.