Dating from 1895, there are two golf courses, the 18-hole and a 6-hole pitch and putt for practising. The larger course was originally only a 9 hole course, laid out by George Lowe. The course was extended to 18 holes and redesigned by W.J. Leaver between 1905 to 1910.
The “Rowany Trophy”, created in the 1930, is a major event in the sporting calendar.