Find places on the Isle of Man with Timeenough.

Killabane

St Luke’s to Brandywell Road, Baldwin

In the geographic centre of the Isle of Man, is the ancient site of the Manx parliament, in the form of a stone circle known as Killabane. One of several sites, where sittings of Tynwald have taken place, it was last used in 1428 and the cairn circle that remains, now serves as a memorial to this assembly site. Tynwald moved to St Johns in 1511.

A bronze plaque from the Trustees of the Manx Museum was installed in 1928, five centuries after the earliest recorded assembly.