Opened in 1886, by the Bishop of Sodor and Man. The 2241 foot long pier was built, for the Isle of Man Harbour Board at a cost of £45,000, by Head Wrightson & Co and designed by Sir John Coode.
Steamers ceased to birth at the pier in late 1960s and the tramway closed in 1981. Sadly, due to repeated vandalism, the pier was closed to the public in the 1990s.
The Queen’s Pier Restoration Trust was founded in 2016 and the pier reopened in 2017.